Lower Primary English
For students who are in Primary 1 and 2.
- gain exposure to narratives, simple, rhymes and poems, instructions, recounts and information reports
- learn sentence punctuation, rhyming words, new vocabulary in context
- develop phonics skills to enable students to become independent readers
- express ideas and take turns in speaking
The curriculum is supplemented with the course book Oxford International English 1 - Student Activity Book 1 (HKD $118). Please purchase this book when you check out.
Middle Primary English
For students who are in Primary 3 and 4.
- read from a variety of texts, such as narratives, poems, letters, play scripts and traditional tales
- use a range of powerful verbs, adjectives and imperative verbs
- extend sentences to compound and complex sentences
- develop and organise ideas, and express them using the correct language choices in both presentations and written tasks
The curriculum is supplemented with the course books Oxford International English 3 - Student Activity Book 3 and Workbook 3 (HKD $260). Please purchase these books when you check out.
Upper Primary English
For students who are in Primary 5 and 6
- be further exposed to different forms of narratives - mystery, fantasy, adventures, science fiction; biographies, poems and songs
- learn spelling strategies, explore word definitions and use new words in context
- develop writer's imagery techniques through exposure to different text types and authors
- hone oral skills to be able to speak confidently
The curriculum is supplemented with the course books Oxford International English 5 - Student Activity Book 5 and Workbook 5 (HKD $260). Please purchase these books when you check out.